We are proud to contribute to our Clients success
In non-functional testing the quality characteristics of the component or system is tested. Non-functional refers to aspects of the software that may not be related to a specific function or user action such as scalability or security. ... Efficiency testing. Maintainability testing.
Non-functional testing includes:
- Reliability testing
- Usability testing
- Efficiency testing
- Maintainability testing
- Portability testing
- Baseline testing
- Compliance testing
- Documentation testing
- Internationalization testing and Localization testing
- Performance testing
- Compatibility testing
- Security testing
- Scalability testing
- Volume testing
- Stress testing
- Recovery testing
- Endurance testing
Performance Testing is a type of non-functional testing that is carried out to determine how fast specific aspects of a system perform under a particular workload. It can serve different purposes and can demonstrate that the system meets performance criteria.
It can compare two systems to find which performs better. Or it can measure what part of the system or workload causes the system to perform badly. This process can involve quantitative tests done in a lab, such as measuring the response time or the number of MIPS (millions of instructions per second) at which a system functions.
Why to do performance testing:
- Improve user experience on sites and web apps
- Increase revenue generated from websites
- Gather metrics useful for tuning the system
- Identify bottlenecks such as application or database configuration
- Determine if a new release is ready for production
- Provide reporting to business stakeholders regarding performance against expectations
For more information regarding Performance Testing solutions please contact us and one of our consultants will be in touch with you as soon as possible.