A large Government agency was seeking a highly experienced Senior Test & Quality Assurance consultant for the provision of Test and Quality services. TQA Consulting were engaged and provided a Senior Testing consultant to oversee, monitor, support and evaluate the test process for all the client’s information system projects and production supported BAU system releases.
Our consultant addressed the needs to the client in a comprehensive and holistic manner, working collaboratively with the client to assess their needs. Throughout the duration of this engagement we provided the following services:
- Development and baselining of a schedule of activities for all production system releases and BAU testing requirements;
- Coordination of test activities across a range of projects in alignment with the agency’s test policy and test framework’s standards, processes and associated templates.
- Supporting the development of test strategies, plans, schedules and resource planning, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts
- Engaging with, training and educating project, technical and subject matter expert resources on test processes and techniques
- Promotion and institutionalisation of understanding, practices and benefits of the Agency’s testing approach
- Assisting with the resolution of any testing related issues arising from testing activities
- Liaising closely with the Change & Release Manager to ensure that testing is aligned with the change and release process and is conducted within the scheduled release cycles
- Performing the System Administrator’s tasks for the Agency’s test management tool
- Continuous measurement, review and improvement of the quality of the test process on behalf of the Agency
TQA provided a high-quality test service for the Agency that has resulted in them having
consistent and repeatable test processes in place for all ICT information system projects
and production supported BAU system releases. In addition, ICT Team now have a greater
understanding and appreciation of the value and importance of a structured approach to
testing, and successful testing outcomes are to be likely achieved in the near future as a